Local DS Orgs
Looking for the closest Down syndrome organization to you? Check out our list. If you know of an org we haven’t listed, please share their information with us at email@example.com.
- Central California: Down Syndrome Association of Central California (based in Fresno; 559-228-0411)
- Central Coast: Central Coast Down Syndrome Network (based in San Luis Obispo County)
- Inland Valley: Inland Valley Down Syndrome Association (909-268-6344)
- Kern County: Kern Down Syndrome Network (based in Bakersfield)
- Los Angeles: Down Syndrome Association of Los Angeles (based in Van Nuys; 818-786-0001)
- North Bay Area (of San Francisco): North Bay Down Syndrome Association (based on Santa Rosa; 707-537-8001)
- Orange County: Down Syndrome Association of Orange County (based in Costa Mesa; 714-540-5794)
- Pasadena Area: Club 21 Learning and Resource Center (based in Pasadena; 626-844-1821)
- Sacramento Area: Down Syndrome Information Alliance (based in Roseville; 916-658-1686)
- San Diego: Down Syndrome Association of San Diego (based in San Diego; 619-594-7389)
- San Francisco Bay Area: Down Syndrome Connection of the Bay Area (based in the East Bay but offering services throughout the greater Bay Area; 925-362-8660)
- San Joaquin County: The Brighterside of Down Syndrome (based in Stockton; 209-598-3441)
- Silicon Valley: Silicon Valley Down Syndrome Network (parent-led organization based in San Jose)
There are a few other less formal, parent-led groups in other areas. Global Down Syndrome Foundation offers a good list here.
The following is a list of resources our members have found useful. It is not exhaustive, nor does CDAC endorse them. Enjoy. If you find your favorite source is missing, please send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org
Art Down Syndrome
Breastfeeding Children w/Down Syndrome and/or Special Needs (FB group)
California Down Syndrome Legislative Advocacy Network (100 members) (FB group) – This is a group for Californians interested in learning more about legislative advocacy. If you’d like to join, send a request to Kelly Kulzer-Reyes within Facebook.
CAPODS California Parents of Down Syndrome (FB group)
Club 21 Learning and Resource Center
First Steps CAPODS~Down syndrome support prenatal to 5 yrs (FB group)
Parent2Parent-DSACC (FB group)